2023 Advocacy Summit: Find Your Voice
Everyone has a voice! Whether you have been diagnosed with lung cancer, care for or have cared for someone with lung cancer or want to help change the statistics, we want to help you learn how to use your voice to advocate for yourself and others at the 11th Annual Lung Cancer Initiative Advocacy Summit at Revolution Mill in Greensboro, NC. This annual event is a great opportunity to meet others who have been impacted by lung cancer and engage in a community of support.
There are several ways to participate in the Summit and support LCI:
- Attend the event
- Serve as a volunteer
- Participate as an event sponsor
- Join the Summit Planning Committee
Contact Emily Edmondson at email@example.com for more information.
Meet the 2023 Lung Cancer Initiative Advocacy Summit Speakers
Rowhill Consulting Group
Tracey McCain, Keynote Presenter
Award-winning Journalist, Former Anchor with WFMY
Stacy Wentworth, MD
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
Additional Speakers Include the Following:
Mohamed K. Mohamed, MD, Cone Health
Bradley Icard, DO, Cone Health
Garrett Sherwood, MD, Novant Health Cancer Institute – Forsyth
Carlie Barnett, BSN, RN, OCN, Thoracic Oncology Nurse Navigator, Levine Cancer Institute
Emily Edmondson, CCLS, Patient and Community Outreach Specialist, Lung Cancer Initiative
Thursday, September 14th (Kau Restaurant)
- 6:00pm – Networking Reception (heavy hors d’oeuvres and drinks)
- 6:30pm – Importance of Advocacy, Mohamed K. Mohamed, MD, Cone Health, view slides
- 7:00pm – Summit Kickoff Activity, Jim Sheegog
Friday, September 15th (Color Works Meeting Space, Room 1)
- 8:00am – Registration, Exhibits, Breakfast
- 8:30am – Welcome, Speaker Introductions
- 8:45am – Legislative Speaker, Sarah Bales, Brubaker and Associates
- 9:00am – Keynote: Finding Your Voice, Turning Your Purpose into Power, Tracey McCain
- 9:30am – Break, Exhibits, Group Picture
- 9:45am – Finding Your Voice, Jim Sheegog
- 11:45am – Lung Cancer Screening Updates, Bradley Icard, MD, Cone Health
- 12:15pm – Lung Cancer Treatment Updates, Garrett Sherwood, MD, Novant Health
- 12:45pm – Survivorship: Running Through the Tape, Stacy Wentworth, MD, Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute
- 1:15pm – Questions to Ask Your Doctor, Carlie Barnett, RN, BSN, OCN, Atrium Health Levine Cancer Institute
- 2:00pm – Breakouts: Survivors and Caregivers: Stress Reduction/Coping
- 2:45pm – How You Can Make a Difference, Ways to Get Involved, Next Steps, LCI Team
- 4:00pm – Adjourn
Find Your Voice!
Thursday, September 14
6:00 – 8:00 PM
2003 Yanceyville St, Greensboro, NC 27405
Friday, September 15
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Color Works Meeting Space, Room 1
1000 Revolution Mill Drive, Greensboro, NC 27405
Registration: $30 per person includes Friday and Saturday attendance and meals. Survivors are free to attend. Register by 5:00 p.m. on September 1.
Traveling from Out-of-Town?
We offer financial support for lodging and travel for out-of-town participants in need of assistance. Please reach out to Emily Edmondson, our Patient & Community Outreach Specialist today if you’d like to learn more about our travel scholarships.