Volunteer with LCI
Volunteer with us!
Interested in volunteering? We’d love your help!
For more information about volunteering, contact Patient & Community Outreach Specialist, Emily Edmondson. Don’t see the type of volunteer opportunity you are looking for? Reach out to us and share your skillset and how you could contribute to helping us advance our mission!
There are many ways to get involved with Lung Cancer Initiative and make a difference for those who have been impacted by the disease. We need volunteers with all types of backgrounds and skill sets to provide support to our programs and fundraising events. Just a few of our volunteer opportunities include the following:
- LCI Office Volunteers
- Join an event planning committee (LUNGe Forward runs and walks, the Evening of Hope Gala, the Triangle Lung Cancer Golf Classic, and more). For more information, contact Sandy Oehler
- Community Education Programs & raising awareness (health fairs and community presentations)
- Fundraising (Do-It-Yourself events)
- Marketing & Communications
Get Your Coworkers Involved!
Whether your company chooses to sponsor an event or your colleagues are seeking a community service project, LCI has volunteer and partnership opportunities for businesses large and small. We are always looking for meaningful ways to partner including the following:
- Lunch and learns to raise awareness with staff
- Wellness fair booths
- Corporate service projects and volunteer opportunities
- LCI event and program sponsorship
- Employee donation and volunteer matching programs
2022, Jr Volunteer
2021, Jr Volunteer
Fundraise for the Cause
The funds raised through LCI’s events like our LUNGe Forwards and Evening of Hope provide the necessary funding to deliver and expand our mission. There are many ways you can raise funds to support Lung Cancer Initiative’s programs and make a difference in lives affected by lung cancer!
Do-It-Yourself! Start Your Own DIY Fundraiser
You can make an immediate impact on Lung Cancer Initiative’s ability to fund programs by starting a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) fundraiser. A DIY fundraiser can be as simple as starting your own Facebook fundraiser, starting a fundraising team for one of our LUNGe Forward events, or asking others to donate in honor or memory of a loved one.
DIY Fundraising Ideas
- Start a Yogathon
- Have a Bowling Night
- Support a LUNGe Forward Event
- Coordinate a Trivia Night
- Host Cocktail Parties
- Organize a Bake Sale
- Set-up a Car Wash
- Open a Lemonade Stand
Whatever your interest or passion is, or the interest of the person you’re honoring, you can turn it into an event! Contact our Director of Special Events, Sandy Oehler, to start a fundraiser or learn about how you can support an existing event.