The Lung Cancer Initiative is excited to partner with Wind River Cancer Wellness Retreats for the 6th year to host a Lung Cancer Survivor Wellness Retreat on September 22 – 24, 2023 in Raleigh, NC. You and your fellow survivor participants will get to know one another better and explore creative ways to feel more peaceful and rejuvenated, and HAVE FUN!
This retreat is open to North Carolina Lung Cancer Survivors (both in treatment and out) and is designed by survivors, for survivors!
Sessions will include:
- Tai Chi, Qigong and breath-work
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating guidance, (all meals are plant-based, whole food)
- Individual Healing Touch Sessions
- Creative Intuitive Art
- Drum Circle by the Lake
- Therapeutic Journaling
- Singing Bowls Sound Therapy
- Facilitated Group Sharing
Here from past retreat attendees about their experience…
- “Wind River’s retreat format is fantastic. Cancer can suck out your life, happiness, hope, and focus. Wind River blew all that back in my direction and gave me a new family. Lots of Love to staff and facilitators. Thank you!”
- “This experience made me see my cancer story with fresh eyes. To see that my story doesn’t have to be about the past suffering but can be focused on my present recovery and sharing my story of survival with others.”
- “I enjoyed starting my day with Cheryl, Tai Chi Mike and my fellow survivors. It gave me an extra boost and laughs. You can feel the warmth from everyone.”
To apply go to… www.WindRiverServices.org
About Wind River:
The primary mission of Wind River Cancer Wellness Retreats & Outreach Programs is to teach survivors a variety of ways to deal with the emotional stress of cancer and to improve their quality of life with an enhanced support system. Our goal is for participants to leave our programs revitalized and empowered.
Thank you to our sponsors!